Leadership in Nursing Practice: Changing the Landscape of Health Care | Watson's Caring in the Digital World: A Guide for Caring when Interacting, Teaching, and Learning in Cyberspace | Connect 2-Year Access Card for General, Organic, and Biochemistry | Psychosocial Nursing for General Patient Care | Role Development in Professional Nursing Practice | Nurses As Leaders
Immerse yourself in the topic of communication in the workplace with an interesting conversation about the communication demands of todayâs nursing practice! Communication in Nursing, 8th Edition adopts a uniquely practical and personal approach, providing extensive examples, exercises, and techniques that help you understand important concepts and apply communication skills in a variety of clinical settings. With its conversational tone, this relatable text takes you beyond theory to show you how to use communication as a tool to limit stress in your nursing practice. A new Active Learning feature that promotes goal-directed reading, and additional QSEN exercises highlight the importance of assertive communication in promoting quality, safe care for clients â all in an easy-to-read magazine layout.
- QSEN preface and exercises stress how communication impacts safety and quality of care.
- Moments of Connection boxes highlight beneficial outcomes of successful communication and provide concrete examples of how communication techniques work.
- "Reflections on..." boxes provide thoughtful summary exercises at the end of each chapter that give you a specific task to help you integrate chapter material into the broader scope of nursing practice.Â
- Wit & Wisdom boxes present selected verses and quotations relevant to chapter topics, adding interest and humor. These boxes keep your attention by providing moments of relief from serious topics and "a-ha" moments when theory becomes linked to practice.
- ExercisesÂ throughout each chapter help you master chapter techniques and strengthen your communication skills.
- NEW! Active Learning feature in every chapter promotes active, goal-directed reading.
- NEW! Exercises in each chapter, including reflective journaling, remediation, online and group activities, and discussion topics, help facilitate various learning types.
- NEW and UPDATED! Additional QSEN exercises and an updated QSEN preface highlight the importance of assertive communication in promoting quality, safe care for clients.
- NEW! Discusses the importance of interprofessional education and communication in the healthcare environment.Â
- NEW! Addresses the importance of "presence" in nursing â being present for clients, families, colleagues, and self.
- NEW! New content on healthy grief and the issues of death denial and death phobia and professional boundaries related to social media.
- NEW! Coverage of the most current research about the importance of self-care.Â Â
- NEW! Explains the importance of the concept of "the pause" in communication so you better understand how and when to use pauses.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.