Clinical Massage Therapy: Understanding, Assessing and Treating Over 70 Conditions | Business Mastery | Hands Heal | The Muscular System Manual | Clay & Pounds' Basic Clinical Massage Therapy | Memmler's the Human Body in Health and Disease | Introduction to Massage Therapy
See the body's bones, joints, and muscles in action! Highly visual and in full color, Kinesiology: The Skeletal System and Muscle Function makes it easy to understand kinesiology concepts and how they would be applied to the treatment of dysfunction. It contains over 1,200 illustrations, including a bone atlas that shows every bone in the human body and six chapters with detailed, illustrated coverage of joints. Written by noted educator and author Joseph E. Muscolino, this book clearly depicts how muscles function as movers, antagonists, and stabilizers. This edition expands its reach to athletic training with two new chapters on stretching and strengthening exercises. A companion DVD includes video clips with over 60 minutes of footage demonstrating all the major joint actions of the human body.
- Companion DVD includes over one hour of video demonstrating all the major joint actions of the human body, with a voiceover explanation of the names of the motions, the planes in which motion occurs, and the axes around which motion occurs.
- Unique! A focus on the needs of massage therapists and bodyworkers makes it easier to apply kinesiology concepts to the practice of massage therapy.
- Unique! A complete bone atlas includes over 100 full-color photographs showing every bone in the human body.
- 1,200 full-color illustrations help you understand concepts relating to the bones of the human body, joints of the human body, and muscle function parts.
- A logical, easy-to-reference format moves from basics (like parts of the body) to more difficult topics (such as microphysiology).
- Six chapters on joints cover structure, function, and terminology, with specific illustrations on each joint in the human body: joints of the axial body, joints of the upper extremity, and joints of the lower extremity.
- Student-friendly features in each chapter include an outline, learning objectives, overview, key terms with pronunciations, and word origins designating the Latin or Greek derivative.
- Clear, simple explanations make it easy to understand kinesiology concepts, including muscle contraction(s), coordination of muscles with movement, core stabilization, posture, exercise, reflexes, and how the nervous system controls and directs the muscular system.
- Expert author Joseph E. Muscolino, DC, offers years of experience in the study of muscles and muscle function, as well as bodywork and massage, and conveys that information in an understandable format.
- More illustrations of individual muscles are included, with a description of their actions and attachments; muscles are now organized by function rather than by region.
- Expanded fascia and anatomy trains concepts section includes new illustrations and explanation of the different types of fascia, the structure and function of the fascial web, and how fascia reacts to physical stress.
- New Strengthening Exercises chapter covers the basics of strengthening, especially useful for athletic training.
- New Stretching chapter includes illustrations and information on the purpose and benefit of stretching and how to perform various stretching techniques.
- Updated Posture and the Gait Cycle chapter more clearly explains and demonstrates concepts.
- Video icons in the book indicate when content is supported by videos on the companion DVD.
- Updated! Student resources on the companion Evolve website help you review for kinesiology quizzes, tests, and exams with bone and bony landmark identification exercises, crossword puzzles, drag-and-drop labeling exercises, radiographs, a comprehensive glossary of terms from the book, and answers to chapter review questions.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.