NOTE: Books a la Carte are unbound, three-hole-punch versions of the textbook. This lower cost option is easy to transport and comes with same access code or media that would be packaged with the bound book.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Diversity Amid Globalization takes you on a journey into the connections and diversity between people and places—the contrasting regions of the world—within thematically organized regional chapters. With an arresting visual layout and new and updated content and maps throughout, the text maintains and strengthens its hallmark thematic organization and focus on globalization, while encouraging you to participate in the material using a number of stimulating, interactive learning tools.
Available with MasteringGeography ™ , the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences, Diversity Amid Globalization, Sixth edition offers the most complete and integrated world regional program available today.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience for you and your students by providing
- Think outside the map: MasteringGeography and textbook-integrated technology take you outside of the pages of the book, and into the world of distant places and people.
- An amplified global perspective through NEW and updated content: This new Sixth edition maintains, refines, and strengthens the text’s hallmark thematic organization and focus on globalization in a number of ways.
- New Everday Globalization features:
- In Population and Settlement sections, there is anew discussion of “Demographic Transition” that includes adding a fifth stage to traditional model.
- In Cultural Coherence and Diversity sections, there are two new sections: “Gender and Globalization”, and “Sports and Globalization."
- In Geopolitical Framework sections, there are two new sections “World Political Systems”, and “Decentralization and Devolution”
- A consistent thematic chapter organization encourages you o compare regions and discourages memorization of facts and places.
- An active learning approach encourages your participation with the material and ensures effective reinforcement of the concepts through the text’s pedagogy, fundamentals, and tone.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.