The new C++11 standard allows programmers to express ideas more clearly, simply, and directly, and to write faster, more efficient code. Bjarne Stroustrup, the designer and original implementer of C++, has reorganized, extended, and completely rewritten his definitive reference and tutorial for programmers who want to use C++ most effectively.
The C++ Programming Language, Fourth Edition, delivers meticulous, richly explained, and integrated coverage of the entire languageâits facilities, abstraction mechanisms, standard libraries, and key design techniques. Throughout, Stroustrup presents concise, âpure C++11â examples, which have been carefully crafted to clarify both usage and program design. To promote deeper understanding, the author provides extensive cross-references, both within the book and to the ISO standard.
New C++11 coverage includes
- Support for concurrency
- Regular expressions, resource management pointers, random numbers, and improved containers
- General and uniform initialization, simplified for-statements, move semantics, and Unicode support
- Lambdas, general constant expressions, control over class defaults, variadic templates, template aliases, and user-defined literals
- Compatibility issuesÂ
Topics addressed in this comprehensive book include
- Basic facilities: type, object, scope, storage, computation fundamentals, and more
- Modularity, as supported by namespaces, source files, and exception handling
- C++ abstraction, including classes, class hierarchies, and templates in support of a synthesis of traditional programming, object-oriented programming, and generic programming
- Standard Library: containers, algorithms, iterators, utilities, strings, stream I/O, locales, numerics, and more
- The C++ basic memory model, in depthÂ
This fourth edition makes C++11 thoroughly accessible to programmers moving from C++98 or other languages, while introducing insights and techniques that even cutting-edge C++11 programmers will find indispensable.
This is a hardcover version of the Fourth Edition. Content in this hardcover and the paperback version is identical.
This book features an enhanced, layflat binding, which allows the book to stay open more easily when placed on a flat surface. This special binding methodânoticeable by a small space inside the spineâalso increases durability.
About: More than three-quarters of a million programmers have benefited from this book in all of its editions Written by Bjarne Stroustrup, the creator of C++, this is the world's most trusted and widely read book on C++.
This edition also contains Staffing the Contemporary Organization: A Guide to Planning, Recruiting, and Selecting for Human Resource Professionals
About: This volume provides a comprehensive treatment of the staffing function--defined by the authors as an integrated system of planning for obtaining, using, and developing human resources.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.