The Family Crucible | Re-Visioning Family Therapy | Clinical Handbook of Couple Therapy | Genograms | Advanced Clinical Social Work | The Expanded Family Life Cycle | Working With Families of the Poor | Ethnicity & Family Therapy | Practice of Emotionally Focused Marital Therapy
Family Therapy: Concepts & Methods is the definitive, classic in the fieldÂ and covers all the major schools and developments in Family Therapy.
Just some of the features that make this book so widely used -
- BriefÂ biographies and photos of some of the leading family therapists of the twentieth centuryÂ
- Extensive coverage ofÂ professional ethics, reflecting the need for students to have increased awareness of professional issues in family therapy
- Unique issues family therapists encounter when providing home-based servicesLatest research and data - often before that research is published in other forums
- several new case studies
- a new summary of major theoretical concepts
- a new section on working with common forms of family trianges
- new sections on Sex and the Internet and Neuroscience and Relationships
- and much more!
"One thing that tends to get lost in academic discussions of family therapy is the feeling of accomplishment that comes from sitting down with an unhappy family and being able to help them. Beginning therapists are understandably anxious and not sure theyâll know how to proceed. (âHow do you get all of themto come in?â) Veterans often speak in abstractions. They have opinions and discuss big issuesâpostmodernism, narrative reconstructionism, second-order cybernetics. While itâs tempting to use this space to say Important Things, I prefer to be a little more personal. Treating troubled families has given me the greatest satisfaction imaginable, and I hope that the same is or will be true for you."
Â - Michael P. Nichols
This edition also contains Legal Limits of the Fight Against Tobacco Consumption in Multi-Level Governance
This edition also contains Children and Disasters: Preparedness, Response and Recovery
About: The Standard Reference On Family Therapy -- Revised And Updated!
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.