Sheltered Content Instruction | Ready for Rica | Assessing Students With Special Needs + Pearson Etext Access Card | Exceptional Lives Enhanced + Pearson Etext Access Card | Diverse Learners in the Mainstream Classroom | The Complete Learning Disabilities Handbook | Fred Jones Tools for Teaching
A field-tested and research-based approach to mathematics instruction for students with learning problems designed to build the confidence and competence of pre-service and in-service teachers (Pre-K-12).
Field-testing over a three-year period showed the approaches in this book resulted in significantly improved teacher candidate attitudes about mathematics, increased mathematics content understanding, and professional-level skills in mathematics assessment and instruction. Teacher and student attitudes about mathematics are addressed from the first page, as are other student learning issues such as language, specific mathematics disabilities, prior experiences, and cognitive and metacognitive factors. Written in a clear and engaging style this book is also organized to make it easy for practicing teachers to locate material, ensuring the text will continue to serve as a valuable reference in the classroom as well.
“The author has a good overall view of what is needed to teach the target students. The format of the book flows well and gives needed support to each section as needed. … The rationale for this book is very much in line with the current thinking as I see it for a book dealing with this type and scope of material.” –J. Patrick Brennan, Ed.D., Armstrong Atlantic State University
- References national mathematics content and process standards (NCTM) – standards often ignored by special education texts.
- Pre-K to 12 scope that enhances student ability to diagnose gaps in learning and provides appropriate content connections, a benefit that addresses NCLB’s “highly qualified” requirement.
- Attention to both pedagogical issues and approaches and specific content area instruction, enabling students to develop a comprehensive pedagogical repertoire and strong content understanding.
- Realistic teacher vignettes incorporated in each chapter that connect to chapter concepts and offer additional opportunities for discussion.
- “Try This” boxes that actively engage students with the material during reading and instructors can draw on these additional exercises during class activities
About: A field-tested and research-based approach to mathematics instruction for students with learning problems designed to build the confidence and competence of pre-service and in-service teachers (Pre-K-12).
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.