Modern Social Work Theory, Fourth Edition | Direct Social Work Practice | Applied Social Research | Direct Social Work Practice | Designing and Managing Programs | Health Behavior | Forces For Good | Designing and Managing Programs | The Social Work Interview
- New material on community practice ethics, critical practice skills, community assessment and assets inventory and mapping, social problem analysis, and applying community ractice skills to casework practice
- Consideration of post-9/11 community challenges
- Discussion on the changing ethnic composition of America and what this means for practitioners
- An exploration of a vastly changed political landscape following the election of President Obama, the Great Recession, the rise of the Tea Party, and the increasing political and corporate use of pseudo-grassroots endeavors
- A completely revamped instructor's manual available online at www.oup.com/us/communitypractice
This fully revised classic text provides a comprehensive and integrated overview of the community theory and skills fundamental to all areas of social work practice. Broad in scope and intensive in analysis, it is suitable for undergraduate as well as graduate study. Community Practice offers students and practitioners the tools necessary to promote the welfare of individuals and communities by tapping into the ecological foundations of community and social work practice.
About: For almost two decades, Community Practice has been a definitive text for social workers, community practitioners, and students eager to help individuals contribute to and use community resources or work to change oppressive community structures.
About: Community Practice, a definitive teaching text for all courses in community organization and foundation practice, presents a comprehensive and integrated overview of the theory and skills fundamental to all areas of social work practice.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.