Linear Algebra and Learning from Data | The Hundred-Page Machine Learning Book | Machine Learning with Python Cookbook: Practical Solutions from Preprocessing to Deep Learning | Web Scraping with Python: Collecting More Data from the Modern Web | Pandas Cookbook: Recipes for Scientific Computing, Time Series Analysis and Data Visualization using Python | Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython | Python Data Science Handbook
The Hands-On, Example-Rich Introduction to Pandas Data Analysis in Python
Today, analysts must manage data characterized by extraordinary variety, velocity, and volume. Using the open source Pandas library, you can use Python to rapidly automate and perform virtually any data analysis task, no matter how large or complex. Pandas can help you ensure the veracity of your data, visualize it for effective decision-making, and reliably reproduce analyses across multiple datasets.
Pandas for Everyone brings together practical knowledge and insight for solving real problems with Pandas, even if youâre new to Python data analysis. Daniel Y. Chen introduces key concepts through simple but practical examples, incrementally building on them to solve more difficult, real-world problems.
Chen gives you a jumpstart on using Pandas with a realistic dataset and covers combining datasets, handling missing data, and structuring datasets for easier analysis and visualization. He demonstrates powerful data cleaning techniques, from basic string manipulation to applying functions simultaneously across dataframes.
Once your data is ready, Chen guides you through fitting models for prediction, clustering, inference, and exploration. He provides tips on performance and scalability, and introduces you to the wider Python data analysis ecosystem.Â
- Work with DataFrames and Series, and import or export data
- Create plots with matplotlib, seaborn, and pandas
- Combine datasets and handle missing data
- Reshape, tidy, and clean datasets so theyâre easier to work with
- Convert data types and manipulate text strings
- Apply functions to scale data manipulations
- Aggregate, transform, and filter large datasets with groupby
- Leverage Pandasâ advanced date and time capabilities
- Fit linear models using statsmodels and scikit-learn libraries
- Use generalized linear modeling to fit models with different response variables
- Compare multiple models to select the âbestâ
- Regularize to overcome overfitting and improve performance
- Use clustering in unsupervised machine learning
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.