63 New and Updated Patterns for Driving and Sustaining Change
âThe hard part of change is enlisting the support of other people. Whether a top manager interested in improving your organizationâs results or a lone developer promoting a better way of working, this book will give you tools and ideas to help accomplish your goal.â
âGeorge Dinwiddie, independent coach and consultant, iDIA Computing, LLC
âKeep the patterns in this book and Fearless Change handy. â¦ These patterns transformed me from an ineffective âvoice in the wildernessâ to a valued collaborator.â
âLisa Crispin, co-author (with Janet Gregory) of Agile Testing and More Agile Testing
In their classic work, Fearless Change, Mary Lynn Manns and Linda Rising interviewed successful leaders of change, identified 48 patterns for implementing change in teams of all sizes, and demonstrated how to use these techniques effectively. Now, in More Fearless Change the authors reflect on all theyâve learned about their original patterns in the past decade, and introduce 15 powerful, new techniquesâall extensively validated by change leaders worldwide. Manns and Rising teach strategies that appeal to each individualâs logic (head), feelings (heart), and desire to contribute (hands)âthe best way to motivate real change and sustain it for the long haul.
Learn how to
- Focus on the best things you can achieve with limited resources
- Strategize to build flexible plans and go after low-hanging fruit
- Get help from the right people in the right ways
- Establish emotional connections that inspire motivation and imagination
- Create an âelevator pitchâ that keeps everyone focused on what truly matters
- Build bridges, work with skeptics, soften resistance, and open minds
- Uncover easier paths towards change, and build on what already works
- Sustain momentum, provide time for reflection, and celebrate small successes
More Fearless Change reflects a profound understanding of how real change happens: not instantaneously in response to top-down plans and demands, but iteratively, through small steps that teach from experience. Best of all, as thousands of change agents have already discovered, its patterns are easy to useâand they work.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.