Creating Young Writers: Using the Six Traits to Enrich Writing Process in Primary Classrooms , 3/e gives new and experienced K-3 teachers the most comprehensive guide available to using the highly popular six-traits approach to writing. Well-respected author Vicki Spandel presents an in-depth look at the writing process and how it connects to the six traits, while encouraging them to write continuously with students and model their own personal writing process. The book is a goldmine of activities, strategies, and lesson ideas ideal for use in the K-3 classroom or as part of a study group.
Here’s what’s new:
· NEW! All information pertaining to a given trait–rubrics, papers, lessons, and book recommendation–appears in one place.
· NEW! Primary writing guides have been revised to make assessment easy.
· NEW! Advanced writing guides for young writers who are ready are now included.
· NEW! Trait-inspired lessons systematically build skills in prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing.
· NEW! Brand new book recommendations include suggestions for linking reading and writing.
· NEW! New lessons specifically designed to make modeling simple and comfortable–even for new teachers.
· NEW! Each new sample paper has its own lessons to teach.
· NEW! Specific suggestions show how to make workshop and process work in your particular teaching style.
· NEW! New and expanded discussion questions and activities at the end of each chapter make this edition ideal for use as a classroom or study group text.
· NEW! Keys to Success suggestions embedded within each chapter help teachers make the most of every strategy or lesson.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.