The Elements of Technical Writing | The Elements of Style | The Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law 2015 | The Global English Style Guide | DITA Best Practices | Microsoft Manual of Style | Developing Quality Technical Information | The Chicago Manual of Style | Read Me First!
This expert guide contains practical guidance on topic-based writing, writing content for different media types, and writing for global audiences.
Throughout, the authors illustrate the guidance with many examples of correct and incorrect usage.
Writers and editors will find authoritative guidance on issues ranging from structuring information to writing usable procedures to presenting web addresses to handling cultural sensitivities.
The guidelines cover these topics:
- Using language and grammar to write clearly and consistently
- Applying punctuation marks and special characters correctly
- Formatting, organizing, and structuring information so that it is easy to find and use
- Using footnotes, cross-references, and links to point readers to valuable, related information
- Presenting numerical information clearly
- Documenting computer interfaces to make it easy for users to achieve their goals
- Writing for diverse audiences, including guidelines for improving accessibility
- Preparing clear and effective glossaries and indexes
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.