Linking Assessment to Instructional Strategies | Teaching Students With Learning Problems | Interactions | Qualitative Reading Inventory | The ABCs of CBM | The ABCs of CBM | Strategies for Teaching Students With Learning and Behavior Problems
Assessing Learners with Special Needs: An Applied Approach, seventh edition, is a practical book designed to teach you about the complex procedures of the assessment process.Â
Each chapter starts out with a chapter focus that contains CEC Knowledge and Skills Standards that show you what you are expected to master in the chapter. Concepts are presented in a step-by-step manner followed by exercises that help you understand each step. Portions of assessment instruments, protocols, and scoring tables are provided to help you with the practice exercises. Additionally, you will participate in the educational decision-making process using data from classroom observations, curriculum-based assessment, functional behavior assessment, and norm-referenced assessment.
New to the seventh edition:
- An emphasis on progress monitoring, including progress monitoring applied to the acquisition of knowledge and skills presented in this text
- The assessment process according to the regulations of IDEA 2004
- A separate chapter on transition issues and assessment
- A separate chapter on assessment in infancy and early childhood
- A new chapter on the measurement aspects of Response to Intervention
- Increased consideration of students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in the assessment process
About: NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.