Autophagy: Cancer, Other Pathologies, Inflammation, Immunity, Infection, and Aging, Volume 10 offer a valuable guide to both cellular processes, while encouraging researchers to explore their potentially important connections. Autophagy serves to maintain healthy cells, tissues, and organs, but also promotes cancer survival and growth of established tumors. Impaired or deregulated autophagy can also contribute to disease pathogenesis.
This is the tenth volume of the multivolume series that discusses, in detail, almost all aspects of the autophagy machinery in the context of health, cancer, and other pathologies. Autophagy maintains homeostasis during starvation or stress conditions by balancing the synthesis of cellular components and their deregulation by autophagy. Volume 10 of the Autophagy series discusses the role of a novel binuclear palladacycle complex that inhibits melanoma growth through apoptosis and autophagy.
- Presents the most advanced information regarding the role of the autophagic system in life and death
- Contains a direct focus on the role of a novel binuclear palladacycle complex that inhibits melanoma growth
- Introduces new, more effective therapeutic strategies in the development of targeted drugs and programmed cell death, providing information that will aid in preventing detrimental inflammation
- States recent advancements in the molecular mechanisms underlying a large number of genetic and epigenetic diseases and abnormalities
- Edited work with chapters authored by leaders in the field from around the globe―the broadest, most expert coverage available
About: Autophagy: Cancer, Other Pathologies, Inflammation, Immunity, Infection, and Aging, Volume 10 offer a valuable guide to both cellular processes, while encouraging researchers to explore their potentially important connections.
About: Autophagy: Cancer, Other Pathologies, Inflammation, Immunity, Infection and Aging, Volume 4 - Mitophagy presents detailed information on the role of mitophagy, the selective autophagy of mitochondria, in health and disease, by delivering an in-depth treatment of the molecular mechanisms involved in mitophagy initiation and execution, as well as the role of mitophagy in Parkinson's Disease, cardiac aging, and skeletal muscle atrophy.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.