Blue Team Handbook: SOC, SIEM, and Threat Hunting Use Cases: A condensed field guide for the Security Operations team (Volume 2) | The Hacker Playbook 3: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing | Network Security Through Data Analysis: From Data to Action | Practical Packet Analysis, 3E: Using Wireshark to Solve Real-World Network Problems | Hacking Exposed 7 | Blue Team Handbook Incident Response Edition | The Practice of Network Security Monitoring
Network security monitoring is based on the principle that prevention eventually fails. In the current threat landscape, no matter how much you try, motivated attackers will eventually find their way into your network. At that point, your ability to detect and respond to that intrusion can be the difference between a small incident and a major disaster.
The book follows the three stages of the NSM cycle: collection, detection, and analysis. As you progress through each section, you will have access to insights from seasoned NSM professionals while being introduced to relevant, practical knowledge that you can apply immediately.
- Discusses the proper methods for planning and executing an NSM data collection strategy
- Provides thorough hands-on coverage of Snort, Suricata, Bro-IDS, SiLK, PRADS, and more
- The first book to define multiple analysis frameworks that can be used for performing NSM investigations in a structured and systematic manner
- Loaded with practical examples that make use of the Security Onion Linux distribution
- Companion website includes up-to-date blogs from the authors about the latest developments in NSM, complete with supplementary book materials
You will get caught off guard, you will be blind sided, and sometimes you will lose the fight to prevent attackers from accessing your network. This book is about equipping you with the right tools for collecting the data you need, detecting malicious activity, and performingÂ the analysis that will help you understand the nature of an intrusion. Although prevention can eventually fail, NSM doesn't have to.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.