CompTIA Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals | Guide to Computer Forensics and Investigations | Unix and Linux System Administration Handbook | Rhcsa/Rhce Red Hat Linux Certification | Linux Pocket Guide | Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting Bible + Website | Linux Bible
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Now with a virtual machine showcasing the book's test system configuration, Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, Seventh Edition teaches system administrators how to set-up and configure Linux quickly and easily.
Effectively set up and manage any version of Linux on individual servers or entire networks using this practical resource. Fully updated to cover the latest tools and techniques, Linux Administration: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition features clear explanations, step-by-step instructions, and real-world examples. Find out how to configure hardware and software, work from the GUI or command line, maintain Internet and network services, and secure your data. Performance tuning, virtualization, containers, software management, and backup solutions are covered in detail.
- Install and configure Linux, including the latest distributions from Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, openSUSE, Debian, and RHEL
- Manage users, permissions, files, folders, and applications
- Set up and administer system services and daemons
- Manage software from source code or binary packages
- Customize, build, or patch the Linux kernel
- Work with physical and virtual file systems, such as proc, SysFS, and cgroup
- Understand networking protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, IPv4, and IPv6
- Build reliable firewalls and routers with Netfilter (iptables and nftables) and Linux
- Monitor and test network activity and minimize security threats
- Create and maintain DNS, FTP, web, e-mail, print, LDAP, and VoIP servers
- Share resources using GlusterFS, NFS, and Samba
- Implement popular cloud-based technologies using Linux virtualization and containers using KVM and Docker
About: Administer Any Linux Distribution with EaseFully updated for the most current Linux distributions, Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, Fifth Edition, shows you how to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot Linux on a single server or an entire network.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.