High Performance SQL Server: The Go Faster Book | Delivering Business Intelligence With Microsoft SQL Server 2016 | Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services | Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Integration Services | Professional Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Administration | Expert Performance Indexing in SQL Server | SQL Server Execution Plans
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Optimize Microsoft SQL Server 2014 queries and applications
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Query Tuning & Optimization is filled with ready-to-use techniques for creating high-performance queries and applications. The book describes the inner workings of the query processor so you can write better queries and provide the query processor with the quality information it needs to produce efficient execution plans. You’ll also get tips for troubleshooting underperforming queries. In-Memory OLTP (Hekaton), a key new feature of SQL Server 2014, is fully covered in this practical guide.
- Understand how the query optimizer works
- Troubleshoot queries using extended events, SQL trace, dynamic management views (DMVs), the data collector, and other tools
- Work with query operators for data access, joins, aggregations, parallelism, and updates
- Speed up queries and dramatically improve application performance by creating the right indexes
- Understand statistics and how to detect and fix cardinality estimation errors
- Maximize OLTP query performance using In-Memory OLTP (Hekaton) features, including memory-optimized tables and natively compiled stored procedures
- Monitor and promote plan caching and reuse to improve application performance
- Improve the performance of data warehouse queries using columnstore indexes
- Handle query processor limitations with hints and other methods
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.