Seidel's Guide to Physical Examination | Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology | Case Studies in Abnormal Psychology | Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2016 | Clinically Oriented Anatomy | Wallach's Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests | Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease | Physiology | Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple
No other text clarifies the link between microbiology and human disease states like Sherris Medical Microbiology
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
4 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This will continue to be a popular textbook, primarily due to the well-designed figures and pictures in all chapters. It is one of the better textbooks I have seen for teaching the basics of medical microbiology."--Doody's Review Service
For more than a quarter-of-a-century Sherris has been unmatched in its ability to help you understand the nature of microorganisms and their role in the maintenance of health or causation of disease. Through a dynamic, engaging approach, this classic text gives you a solid grasp of the significance of etiologic agents, the pathogenic processes, epidemiology, and the basis of therapy for infectious diseases.
The fifth edition has been completely revised to reflect this rapidly-moving fieldâs latest developments and includes a host of learning aids including clinical cases, USMLE-type questions, marginal notes, and extensive new full-color art.
- 66 chapters that simply and clearly describe the strains of viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites that can bring about infectious diseases
- Core sections on viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic diseases open with new chapters detailing basic biology, pathogenesis, and antimicrobial agents and feature a consistent presentation covering Organism (structure, replication, genetics, etc.), Disease (epidemiology, pathogenesis, immunity), and Clinical Aspects (manifestations, diagnosis, treatment, prevention)
- Explanations of host-parasite relationship, dynamics of infection, and host response
- USMLE-style questions and a clinical case conclude each chapter on the major viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic diseases
- All tables, photographs, and illustrations are now in full color
- Clinical Capsules cover the essence of the disease(s) caused by major pathogens
- Marginal Notes highlight key points within a paragraph to facilitate review
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.