Fully updated for the most current Linux distributions, Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, Fifth Edition, shows you how to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot Linux on a single server or an entire network. Get full details on granting user rights and permissions, configuring software and hardware, providing Internet and intranet services, and customizing Linux kernel 2.6. You'll also learn how to get your network services IPv6 ready, implement sound security, create foolproof system backups, and use the latest virtualization technologies. Real-world, hands-on examples are included throughout.
- Install and configure popular Linux distributions, including Fedora 9, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, OpenSuSE, and Ubuntu
- Manage users, permissions, files, folders, and applications
- Administer Linux servers from the GUI or from the command line (shell)
- Understand and manage file systems in Linux
- Compile, tune, and customize Linux kernel 2.6
- Build robust firewalls and routers using netfilter and Linux
- Manage the Linux TCP/IP networking stack and services for both IPv4 and IPv6
- Build and deploy Web, e-mail, and FTP servers
- Use NIS, NFS, LDAP, and Samba for resource sharing and identity management
- Set up and administer print, DNS, POP3, IMAP3, and DHCP servers
- Implement Linux virtualization technologies, including the native KVM platform
About: Administer Any Linux Distribution with EaseFully updated for the most current Linux distributions, Linux Administration: A Beginner's Guide, Fifth Edition, shows you how to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot Linux on a single server or an entire network.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.