The Mueller Report | An Uncivil War: Taking Back Our Democracy in an Age of Trumpian Disinformation and Thunderdome Politics | The Case For Impeaching Trump | The Threat: How the FBI Protects America in the Age of Terror and Trump | Proof of Collusion: How Trump Betrayed America | The Fifth Risk | Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin's War on America and the Election of Donald Trump
A WASHINGTON POST NOTABLE WORK OF 2018
From two-time Pulitzer PrizeâwinningÂ Washington PostÂ national security reporter Greg Miller, the truth about Vladimir Putinâs covert attempt to destroy Hillary Clinton and help Donald Trump win the presidency, its possible connections to the Trump campaign, Robert Muellerâs ensuing investigation of the president and those close to him, and the mystery of Trumpâs steadfast allegiance to Putin.
It has been called the political crime of the century: a foreign government, led by a brutal authoritarian leader, secretly interfering with the American presidential election to help elect the candidate of its choice. Now two-time Pulitzer Prizeâwinning Washington Post national security reporter Greg Miller investigates the truth about the Kremlinâs covert attempt to destroy Hillary Clinton and help Donald Trump win the presidency, Trumpâs steadfast allegiance to Vladimir Putin, and Robert Muellerâs ensuing investigation of the president and those close to him.
Based on interviews with hundreds of people in Trumpâs inner circle, current and former government officials, individuals with close ties to the White House, members of the law enforcement and intelligence communities, foreign officials, and confidential documents, The Apprentice offers striking new information about:
- the hacking of the Democrats by Russian intelligence;
- Russian hijacking of Facebook and Twitter;
- National Security Adviser Michael Flynnâs hidden communications with the Russians;
- the attempt by Jared Kushner, Trumpâs son-in-law, to create a secret back channel to Moscow using Russian diplomatic facilities;
- Trumpâs disclosure to Russian officials of highly classified information about Israeli intelligence operations;
- Trumpâs battles with the CIA and the FBI and fierce clashes within the West Wing;
- Trumpâs efforts to enlist the director of national intelligence and the director of the National Security Agency to push back against the FBIâs investigation of his campaign;
- the mysterious Trump Tower meeting;
- the firing of FBI Director James Comey;
- the appointment of Mueller and the investigation that has followed;
- the tumultuous skirmishing within Trumpâs legal camp;
- and Trumpâs jaw-dropping behavior in Helsinki.
Deeply reported and masterfully told, The Apprentice is essential reading for anyone trying to understand Vladimir Putinâs secret operation, its catastrophic impact, and the nature of betrayal.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.