In 1993, Scott McCloud tore down the wall between high and low culture with the acclaimed international hit Understanding Comics, a massive comic book that explored the inner workings of the worlds most misunderstood art form. Now, McCloud takes comics to the next level, charting twelve different revolutions in how comics are created, read, and perceived today, and how they're poised to conquer the new millennium.
Part One of this fascinating and in-depth book includes:
- The life of comics as an art form and as literature
- The battle for creators' rights
- Reinventing the business of comics
- The volatile and shifting public perceptions of comics
- Sexual and ethnic representation on comics
Then in Part Two, McCloud paints a breathtaking picture of comics' digital revolutions, including:
- The intricacies of digital production
- The exploding world of online delivery
- The ultimate challenges of the infinite digital canvas
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.