Fundamentals of Entomology | Introduction to the Study of Insects | A Field Guide to Insects | Fundamentals of Applied Entomology | National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders | Botany for Gardeners | Fundamentals of Entomology | Destructive and Useful Insects | The Science of Entomology
This established and popular textbook is the definitive guide to the study of insects; a group of animals that represent over half of the planetâs biological diversity.
- Completely updated and expanded, this new edition examines all aspects of insect biology including anatomy and physiology, ecology and evolution of insects, insect behaviours such as sociality, predation, parasitism and defense, medical and veterinary entomology and methods of collection, preserving and identifying insects.
- Features new chapters on the methods and results of studies of insect phylogeny and a new review of insect evolution and biogeography.
- Includes expanded sections on species diversity, social behaviour, pest management, aquatic entomology, parasitology and medical entomology.
- Successful strategies in insect conservation are also covered for the first time, reflecting the increasing threat to natural ecosystems from environmental changes.
- Boxes highlighting key themes, suggestions for further reading and illustrations, including specially commissioned drawings and colour plates, are included throughout.
- The artwork from the text is available for instructors either via CD-ROM or by visiting www.blackwellpublishing.com/gullan.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.