The second edition of this successful text provides expanded coverage and over 400 references including 100 new examples reflecting the vibrancy of the field. More than a simple update, the new edition also features new artwork http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/townsend/Images.htm, an enhanced design, and additional integrated applications to make Essentials of Ecology up-to-date and relevant.
Outstanding features of the second edition of Essentials of Ecology include:
* Dedicated website - study resources and web research questions provide students and instructors with an enhanced, interactive experience of the book www.blackwellpublishing.com/townsend
* Key Concepts - summarized at the beginning of each chapter
* Unanswered questions - highlighted throughout, emphasizing that in ecology, as in any science, we have much left to learn
* History boxes - outlining key landmarks in the development of ecology
* Quantitative boxes - allowing mathematical aspects of ecology to be explained thoroughly without interrupting the flow of the text
* Topical ECOncerns boxes - highlighting ethical, social and political questions in ecology
* Review questions - included at the end of each chapter
This edition also contains Essentials of Ecology
About: Essentials of Ecology, 4th Edition presents introductory ecology in an accessible, state-of-the-art format designed to cultivate the novice student's understanding of, and fascination with, the natural world.
About: Essentials of Ecology presents introductory ecology in an accessible, state-of-the-art format designed to cultivate the novice student's understanding of, and fascination with, the natural world.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.