- Study new processes. While this book still focuses on casting, forming, machining, and joining, new material on rapid prototyping, electronics, and metal-cutting has been added.
- See the big picture redesigning the factory. This edition includes more coverage of lean manufacturing and manufacturing systems design, as well as in-depth material on quality control and process capability, to help you understand the system as a whole.
- Understand machinability factors. The Ninth Edition features a new section in Chapter 21 on machinery dynamics. This is the only text that explains how machinability factors are determined and how the values for speed, feed, and depth of cut are rationalized.
- Understand manufacturing fundamentals. The authors cover the properties and behaviors of a range of materials and the basics of various manufacturing processes, so you get a clear introduction to a variety of options.
- Get familiar with the language and the equipment of real factories. The authors introduce you to the technical terms used on the factory floor, and numerous photos and illustrations help you understand how equipment works.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.