DERBY! My Bodacious Life in Baseball is the exclusive, long-awaited autobiography of the Trenton Thunder's funny, famous four-legged baseball philosopher-- who just happens to be a golden retriever named Derby. The fans know him best from his public role: carrying players' bats from home plate back to the dugout during games. But behind the scenes at ARM & HAMMER Park, Derby is so much more than a Bat Dog. He's the young baseball players' unofficial coach, mentor, loyal friend, and "team psychologist". Whether you hit a walk-off homer, or strike out at the bottom of the 9th, Derby is always there to give you a friendly nudge of encouragement with his cold, wet nose.
The Thunder's perennial All-Star, Derby is the furry face of the franchise and the team's true MVP (Most Valuable Pup). He's also the reigning king of a three-generation dynasty of Thunder Bat Dogs that began with his beloved, fondly remembered father, Chase. Derby follows in Chase's legendary pawsteps and-- as the "world's foremost expert on baseball and human behavior"-- doles out advice to his own adorable puppy and heir apparent Bat Dog, Rookie. Inside this lavishly illustrated 205-page gift book, which was created and published with the permission and generous cooperation of the legendary Trenton Thunder, you'll also find:
- Derby's amazing story and insights.ÃÂ ÃÂ
- Literally HUNDREDS of never-before-seen COLOR PHOTOS by award-winning sports photographer Staton Rabin, providing a rare, candid inside-the-dugout peek at top Yankees prospects on the cusp of major league superstardom. Many of these rookies have since made it to "the Big Show", playing for the Yankees or other MLB teams. So if you're a true fan of the game, you'll know their names.ÃÂ ÃÂ
- Cameo appearances by Mariano Rivera and Reggie Jackson.
- Mini-bios of the top players from the Trenton Thunder's historic 20th anniversary season, which featured many of the most gifted Yankees prospects in more than a decade.ÃÂ
- And, of course, lots of Bat Dog and puppy pictures.
"Derby! Get the bat!"
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.