Provides a comprehensive overview of 10 major slave revolts and examines how those uprisings and conspiracies impacted slaveholding colonies and states from 1663 to 1861.
- Offers an overview of American slave revolts and conspiracies to revolt
- Explores the context of chronic fear of uprising in slaveholding colonies and states in North America from 1663 to 1861
- Offers accounts gleaned from primary resources regarding slave leaders and their lieutenants, and of the trials that condemned them
- Describes the climate of fear in which slaveholding whites lived, as well as the various social practices and legal statutes they enacted to minimize the risk of slave revolt
- Includes a narrative, primary materials, biographics, a chronology, and an annotated bibliographyâall of which will be helpful to students writing papers on the topic
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.