Once again, Doris Graber brings readers the most thought-provoking and recent scholarship about the actual power of the media in the real world of politics. WithÂ approximately 35Â essays, half of them new to this edition, the selections reflect the latest changes in American politics, in American media platforms, and in the interactions between political actors and journalists.
Examining these changes and assessing their political significance, this new sixth edition includes coverage of:
- the influence of non-professional citizen journalists;
- a look ahead at media development in the next decade;Â
- the publicâs growing disdain for the media and its effect on the mediaâs influence;
- old and new mediaâs impact on political participation;
- media and the 2008 presidential election;Â
- interest groupsâ power to control news selection;
- media happenings at the state and local levels;
- lobbyistsâ efforts to derail updates to media laws and regulations.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.