Perl/Tk is the marriage of the Tk graphical toolkit with Perl, the powerful programming language used primarily for system administration, web programming, and database manipulation. With Perl/Tk, you can build Perl programs with an attractive, intuitive GUI interface with all the power of Perl behind it.Mastering Perl/Tk is the "bible" of Perl/Tk: It's not only a great book for getting started, but the best reference for learning the techniques of experienced Perl/Tk programmers. The first half of the book contains the basics on how to use Perl/Tk, and then branches out into advanced applications with a series of extensive program examples. The result is a book accessible for novices, and invaluable for experienced programmers ready to learn the next step in the elegant and effective use of Perl/Tk. The book includes:
- An introduction to each of the basic Perl/Tk widgets and geometry managers
- A dissection of the MainLoop, including how to use callbacks and bindings effectively
- Coverage of the Tix widgets, an extended set of widgets that are a part of the standard Perl/Tk distribution
- Working with images in Perl/Tk, including bitmaps, pixmaps, photos, and how to compose a compound image type
- How to create custom mega-widgets in Perl/Tk, both composite and derived
- Handling interprocess communication with Perl/Tk, both with standard Unix utilities (pipes and sockets) and with the send command designed for direct communication between Tk applications
- Developing your own Tk widget in the C language
- Examples of web applications written with Perl/Tk and the LWP library
About: Covers basic and advanced applications of Perl/Tk, discussing topics including basic Perl/Tk widgets and geometry managers, how to use callbacks and bindings effectively, working with images, and developing a Tk widget in C.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.