The magic is in the doing and baking expert Emily Nolan shows you how. In almost no time, you'll get down to basics with easy-to-follow tips on:
- Outfitting your kitchen with a baker's essentials iincluding baking pans (loaf pans, springform pans, glass vs. aluminum pie plates), food processors and blenders, bowls, measuring cups, graters, and sifters
- Measuring ingredients, preparing pans, working with eggs, zesting fruit, and melting chocolate
- Getting ready to bake,preparing your kitchen, working with recipes, and using the right equipment
And once you're all set, you'll marvel at how simple creating the smallest baking masterpiece really is:
- From chocolate cupcakes topped with mocha frosting to a lemon-curd cheesecake, to fluffy blueberry muffins and buttermilk biscuits
- From scrumptious pumpkin and chocolate cream pies and a classic cheesecake to outrageously delicious chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies
- From a heart-warming chicken potpie to a yummy cheese soufflÃ©
With over 100 recipes to choose from (including ones for soft pretzels and pizza!), eight pages of color photos, a summary cheat sheet of baking essentials, black-and-white how-to illustrations, and humorous cartoons along the way, the book will reward, even a baking novice, with delicious results and allow you to enjoy the unending magic of baking from scratch.
About: A comprehensive introduction to baking for the novice chef presents one hundred delicious recipes for home-baked treats, including pies, muffins, cakes, cookies, and breads, accompanied by detailed intruction in basic baking techniques, decoration and presentation tips, and lists of ingredients and essential cooking equipment.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.