Master the Media: How Teaching Media Literacy Can Save Our Plugged-in World | Alone Together: Why We Expect More from Technology and Less from Each Other | Writing on the Wall | News Reporting and Writing | Media Literacy | For All Practical Purposes | Rhetorical Tradition
Learn about topics and examples that are relevant to your everyday life:
* A new chapter 6 on "Interactive Media: The Internet, Video Games, and Augmented Reality"
* A new chapter 14 on "Global Media in the Digital Age"
* Increased emphasis on how social media is changing our world in Chapter 7, "The Impact of Social Media"
* New "Media Pioneers" boxes provide portraits of a diverse array of individuals, past and present, who have made an impact on media history in the five major career areas: Public Relations, Advertising, Broadcasting/Electronic Media, Journalism, and Media Studies
Become a well-rounded expert in mass communication:
* Streamlined content presents a clearer, more accessible narrative that integrates technology, culture, and economic factors more closely
* Increased coverage of the effects of ethics and bias on the media
* Updated coverage throughout, including interpersonal and mass communication convergence, gamification, augmented reality, cyber security, and the third screen
Thought-provoking questions and engaging visuals:
* Stunning new infographic-style art presents key concepts visually
* Critical-thinking questions in specific photo captions ask you to analyze specific aspects of the media
* Media Quizzes now contain more open-ended questions to stimulate critical thinking
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.