Perl Pocket Reference
In this smooth, carefully paced course, leading Perl trainers and a Windows NT practitioner teach you to program in the language that promises to emerge as the scripting language of choice on NT. With a foreword by Larry Wall, the creator of Perl, this book is the "official" guide for both formal (classroom) and informal learning. Based on the "llama book,"Learning Perl on Win32 Systems features tips for PC users and new NT-specific examples.Perl for Win32 is a language for easily manipulating text, files, user and group profiles, performance and event logs, and registry entries, and a distribution is available on the Windows NT Resource Kit. Peer-to-peer technical support is now available on the perl.win32.users mailing list.The contents include:
- An introduction to "the Perl way" for Windows users
- A quick tutorial stroll through Perl in one lesson
- Systematic, topic-by-topic coverage of Perl's broad capabilities
- Innumerable, brief code examples
- Programming exercises for each topic, with fully worked-out answers
- Access to NT system functions through Perl
- Database access with Perl
- CGI programming with Perl
About: Introduces a smooth, carefully paced course, leading Perl trainers and Windows NT practitioners in the language that promises to emerge as the scripting language of choice for NT, a language used to manipulate texts, files, and user and group profiles.
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.