Click to show details on same page as prices
New Riders Pub
June 1, 2003
0.75 by 6.75 by 8.75 in.
Publisher Out of Stock Indefinitely
Original list price
As reported by publisher
Discusses how to use Web standards to create sophisticated Web sites efficiently, covering topics such as quality assurance, functionality, and accessibility guidelines.
Amazon.com description: Product Description
You code. And code. And code. You build only to rebuild. You focus on making your site compatible with almost every browser or wireless device ever put out there. Then along comes a new device or a new browser, and you start all over again.
You can get off the merry-go-round.
It's time to stop living in the past and get away from the days of spaghetti code, insanely nested table layouts, tags, and other redundancies that double and triple the bandwidth of even the simplest sites. Instead, it's time for forward compatibility.
Isn't it high time you started designing with web standards?
Standards aren't about leaving users behind or adhering to inflexible rules. Standards are about building sophisticated, beautiful sites that will work as well tomorrow as they do today. You can't afford to design tomorrow's sites with yesterday's piecemeal methods.
Jeffrey teaches you to:
- Slash design, development, and quality assurance costs (or do great work in spite of constrained budgets)
- Deliver superb design and sophisticated functionality without worrying about browser incompatibilities
- Set up your site to work as well five years from now as it does today
- Redesign in hours instead of days or weeks
- Welcome new visitors and make your content more visible to search engines
- Stay on the right side of accessibility laws and guidelines
- Support wireless and PDA users without the hassle and expense of multiple versions
- Improve user experience with faster load times and fewer compatibility headaches
- Separate presentation from structure and behavior, facilitating advanced publishing workflows
Recency: These prices were retrieved a few seconds ago. The price comparison took about 5 seconds.
Shipping costs: The shipping cost shown by default, if you choose to display it, is the cheapest available for your destination.
Sales tax inclusion: If you set up an account with isbn.nu, live in the United States, and specify your state, you can choose to show shipping fees in price results. In this case, we include the sales tax whenever we can determine that such tax is charged by a store for delivery to your state.
Orders shipped across national borders or for countries other than the U.S.: Neither the sales price nor the shipping includes VAT, GST, customs, or other applicable taxes. Please consult the store to determine exact fees.
No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.
Is information about the book missing or in error? Want to know more about where our bibliographic and pricing details come from? Report corrections and find out about isbn.nu's information sources here.