Gravity | Spacetime and Geometry | Problem Book in Relativity and Gravitation | The Classical Theory of Fields | General Relativity | A First Course in General Relativity | Principles of Quantum Mechanics | Tensors, Differential Forms, and Variational Principles
• Grasp the laws of physics in flat spacetime
• Predict orders of magnitude
• Calculate using the principal tools of modern geometry
• Predict all levels of precision
• Understand Einstein's geometric framework for physics
• Explore applications, including pulsars and neutron stars, cosmology, the Schwarzschild geometry and gravitational collapse, and gravitational waves
• Probe experimental tests of Einstein's theory
• Tackle advanced topics such as superspace and quantum geometrodynamics
The book offers a unique, alternating two-track pathway through the subject:
• In many chapters, material focusing on basic physical ideas is designated as
Track 1. These sections together make an appropriate one-term advanced/graduate level course (mathematical prerequisites: vector analysis and simple partial-differential equations). The book is printed to make it easy for readers to identify these sections.
• The remaining Track 2 material provides a wealth of advanced topics instructors can draw from to flesh out a two-term course, with Track 1 sections serving as prerequisites.
About: Geometrodynamics, general relativity, the mathematics of curved spacetime, Einstein's theories, relativistic stars, and gravitational collapse are some of the topics examined in a study of gravitational physics
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.