WiMAX is the most promising new technology for broadband wireless access to IP services. It can serve an extraordinary range of applications and environments: data, voice, and multimedia; fixed and mobile; licensed and unlicensed. However, until now, wireless professionals have had little reliable information to guide them. Fundamentals of WiMAX is the first comprehensive guide to WiMAX—its technical foundations, features, and performance.
Three leading wireless experts systematically cut through the hype surrounding WiMAX and illuminate the realities. They combine complete information for wireless professionals and basic, accessible knowledge for non-experts. Professionals will especially appreciate their detailed discussion of the performance of WiMAX based on comprehensive link- and system-level simulations.
Whether you're a wireless engineer, network architect, manager, or system designer, this book delivers essential information for succeeding with WiMAX—from planning through deployment.
- Applications, history, spectrum options, technical and business challenges, and competitive technologies of WiMAX
- 802.16 standards: physical and MAC layers, channel access, scheduling services, mobility, advanced antenna features, hybrid-ARQ, and more
- Broadband wireless channels: pathloss, shadowing, cellular systems, sectoring, and fading—including modeling and mitigation
- OFDM: from basic multicarrier concepts to synchronization, PAR reduction, and clipping
- MIMO: Multiple antennas, spatial diversity, beamforming, and a cutting-edge treatment of the use of MIMO in WiMAX
- OFDMA: multiple access, multiuser diversity, adaptive modulation, and resource allocation
- Networking and services aspects: architecture and protocols for IP QoS, session management, ecurity, and mobility management
- Predicting performance using link-level and system-level simulations
- WiMAX network architecture: design principles, reference models, authentication, QoS, and mobility management
Pricing is shown for items sent to or within the U.S., excluding shipping and tax. Please consult the store to determine exact fees. No warranties are made express or implied about the accuracy, timeliness, merit, or value of the information provided. Information subject to change without notice. isbn.nu is not a bookseller, just an information source.